Sunday 19 October 2014

Happy birthday daddy xxx

Last week was my dads birthday, myself and my girls went round to my parents house to celebrate. We had a cake, the candles were blown out and a wish was made.
The difference in this birthday celebration is that my dad sadly passed away 2 years ago from cancer at only 64 years old.
My dad was such a kind,loving person. He was a great grandpa,  enjoyed spending time with my girls and they adored him.
He took them for walks, read the same book time and time again and took time to listen to them and what they wanted to say.
my girls didn't have enough years with him and were young when he passed and so we choose to keep his memory alive. we talk about him, tell funny stories and have pictures around our house.
Just last week I over heard my 6 year old telling her friend a funny thing that her papa says........how proud that would have made him feel and it certainly did me.
This post is all about love and how strong it can be. how love can overcome the most awful of situations and bring us together and how when you are truly loved you never really forget it.
So today I urge you to tell someone in your family that you love them, give them a hug or just call them up for a chat and show them you care. 
Happy birthday daddy x

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful sentiments and just magic how your girls keep his memory alive :)

    ReplyDelete